Sunday, December 04, 2011

December Daily 2011: Day 4

Week 6
Feb 5-11
Overview of the week

Left Side

Another insert I added.  Wanted to give a little update of what Parker was up to at the time.  I used a digital element to make this in Photoshop.  It is an Ali Edwards Long Journalers, found at Designer Digitals. Ali is an awesome inspiration for Project Life you can check out her album HERE, AH-Mazing!

Right Side
I also included a page Parker had colored on the other side.  The page protector I used I made. I inserted the pages into a 12x12 page protector and used my sewing machine to sew around the items and then cut off the extra protector.  You can see a tutorial on doing this HERE. (Maryann's blog is  also filled with awesome inspiration.  Her blog has helped me find my style with Project Life and given me so many ideas.

Week 7
 Feb 12-18th
Overview

I was able to include one of Preston's Valentines so we could see what he took that year.  Love how they turned out and love that they are included in here.  

Love this!  Here I added another one of the baseball card protector sheets and used them to hold some of Prestons Valentines that he got from school.  It was such an easy way to keep some of these instead of keeping them in a box somewhere.

I also hole punched some of the bigger cards the boys received from the family and included them in the binder.  Solves another one of my issues, what to do with all of the cards we receive during the year.  I have such a hard time throwing them away but also see no purpose in saving them in a box somewhere.  Project Life is my solution!

Right Side
I also this week started including pictures in the 3x4 journaling spots.  I noticed I sometimes had a lot more pictures to include and a little less journaling so I decided to take a different outlook on the album.  I quit worrying so much about having a picture each day and looked at it more as a week at a time.  Sometimes I had 3 or 4 pictures for one day and none for the next day.  I decided that was ok and wanted more of a glipse of the overall week.  This outlook also helped me from not getting behind.  However, many have just used this book as is and stuck to the way it was designed which is great as well. Whatever makes it easiest for you.

No comments: