Friday, December 02, 2011

December Daily 2011: Day 2


Week 2
::Jan 8-14::
This is the week I started adding additional stuff to the album.  For example all of those ticket stubs my husband likes to keep.  I always get mad because they sit in a drawer somewhere and are never seen or looked at again so why save them?  Now we have a place to put them, in this album at the time when they were used.  Here we went to see Toy Story on ice and I attached the ticket stub.


I must not have got a picture one day this week.  No biggie I just moved on, no reason to get discouraged with what I didn't have just moved on with what I did capture.  I can always go back and add something in later, something that isn't day specific.  Maybe a picture the boys colored or a picture of someplace we visit often or means something to us.

Week 3
::Jan 15-21::

Added pics that Ryan and Preston took at the photobooth at the mall.  Before Project Life I wouldn't have known where to put these and would probably end up throwing it away.  Now I have a place for all of these bits and pieces.
This is the week I started adding additonal stuff and this is when I started to love this kit even more.  I always have this stuff that I want to keep and preserve but dont know where to put it.  I am such a pitcher by nature (I get this honestly from my Grandma Klingler) so I am quick to throw things away but always want to keep them but keep them in a place that is logical.  Project Life gave me that opportunity.  This week I added a 8.5x11 page protecter and inserted an art project Preston made at school on one side and his progress report on the other.  
Normally I would put this in a box with other school papers and who knows if that stuff would actually get looked at again, however now I can add these items in chronilogical order and know that it will be seen again and again.

Did start adding some digital elements on some of my pictures.   I usually edit my pics in Photoshop Elements anyways so then I would just add a text box and include the date or other text. 

This is another cool feature of Project Life.  The normal journaling cards are about 3x4 and sometimes this isnt large enough tell a story, so also included in the kit are 4x6 journal cards that fold in half and fit in the 3x4 pockets.  



No comments: