Saturday, December 03, 2011

December Daily 2011: Day 3

I wanted to answer a few questions about the kit.  You can purchase the kit HERE, however the set-up for the kit is a bit different this year.  Last year it came all in one piece but this year it is a bit more customizable. You will need the following to get started:

1.)Binder-There are several options this year to choose from.  Last year I ended up throwing out the binder that came in the kit and bought my own black leather binders at Joannes because I wanted a plain black binder.  However, this year there are many more options for binders, one for each color theme as well as a plain white and black.  It is up to you what style you are looking for.

2.)Core Kit-The core kit has 52 4x6 header cards that will go at the top of each week for you to label with the date.  It also comes with all of the 3x4 journal cards that you will use to journal about each picture.  These kits come in 4 different editions, each a different color scheme and style so you can pick which one you like.  I think for next year I am getting the Clementine Edition.

3.) Photo Pocket Protectors-This is what will hold your journal cards and pictures.  Last year the only option was 4x6 slots, so you could only include horizontal pictures.  This year there are several options for combinations.  I am still going to stick with the horizontal protectors which are shown HERE.  I also plan to get a few of the other page protectors as there are some weeks when I have extra pictures our big events like holidays and birthdays and want to add extra layouts.  

This all may seem a bit confusing at first but it is really quite simple and Becky's website does a great job of explaining all of this with videos and product descriptions.  You can check it out HERE.  I also would be more than happy to talk to anyone about it and answer any questions.  As you can tell I absolutely love this project and feel so strongly that if you try it you too will fall in love.  And now onto more of our family album.

Week 4
Jan 22-28

 Left Side

 I had a lot of pictures from the boys building a snowman so I inserted a 81/2 x 11 baseball card protector sheet and inserted a bunch of little pictures.  

 Right Side

Week 5
Jan 29-Feb 4

 Left side

Right Side
On the upper right I took a picture of my planner so I could capture what a week in our life looks like as far as to do's.  I submitted this picture to Becky Higgins.com and she posted it on her facebook page.   Becky requests submissions for daily ideas of Project Life pictures (called POTD ideas) and posts them on her fan page for others to get ideas.  This is a great way to get picture ideas as it can be hard to come up with 365 ideas for pictures.  You can see this on Becky's Facebook page.

No comments: