Thursday, July 26, 2007

Deck...finally!

Well our deck is finished. We've had it done for about a month now but it was a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg process, but I must say I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We have already got a ton of use out of it and I think its beautiful. Here are some before and after pics.



Grandpa, Dad, and Ryan digging the posts.
The frame is in!
No boards as they went on backorder and we had to wait two extra weeks.
Laying the boards, however they didn't give us enough so we had to order more and wait again.
Finally....all finished. Love it!

I really like the way the steps turned out.

Green chairs, I got one for Mother's Day and I got one for Ryan for Father's Day.See how the boards run diagonally, that was my request but didn't realize how much extra work it would be for my crew.
Landscaping on the sides (done with Preston on my back), see earlier post.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Looks great Jamie! Really beautiful job!

Laura said...

Beautiful! You must've had a great crew!

Staci said...

It's gorgeous! Were the steps hard to build? They look awesome!!! Adds so much character!

Amy said...

That is really beautiful! What a nice place to sit and relax!