Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Ry!

Note: I typed this all up last Friday and had it ready to post on Ryan's birthday since we would be in the hospital having Parker. Well Parker decided to come that night so some things changed and I never got to schedule the post, so here it is a few days late.

Today is Ryan's birthday. I know this day will be filled with the excitement of our new baby so I wanted to take a few minutes to tell Ryan the things I love about him, 29 to be exact in celebration of his 29 years with us (that's right only one year away from the big one). So here goes..................

1. I love how Preston is the spitting image of you.

2. I love that you whistle all the time.

3. I love to watch you play with Preston. You are so childlike.

4. I love how you have a strategy for eating every bite of your meals.

5. I love how when Preston does something cute or sweet we just look at eachother and know the pride and love the other has at that very moment.


6. I love all of the trips we have taken together.






7. I love that I am scared of nothing if I know you will be with me.

8. I love how when I can't sleep at night you ask me if I want you to stay up and talk to me. (Although we both know you usually aren't sleeping as well).

9. I love that you email me almost every morning to ask me whats for dinner, so you have something to look forward to.


10. I love that we have been together longer than we have not.

11. I love when we have American Idol try-outs during commercials.

12. I love that we text or email at least 20 times a day.

13. I love all of our inside jokes.

14. I love that you went to So You Think You Could Dance with me and loved it as much as I did.


15. I love how after Preston is in bed we watch "our shows" and contemplate what snack we are going to have during them.


16. I love that you still look at me like you did in high school, and that I still get those high school feelings when I'm around you.



17. I love the relationship you've developed with Christ and how you've allowed it to change you in so many ways.

18. I love that you order lasagna almost everywhere we go.

19. I love that you are so athletic. I don't think there has ever been a sport/game that you weren't a natural at.

20. I love that you create nickname for everyone you meet.


21. I love when you call me babe.


22. I love that you will share your birthday with our son and that you are so excited about it. ***Edit: Sorry babe, I tried to hold out until your birthday but Parker had other plans. I love when I apoligized for not getting you a birthday present due to Parker throwing us for a loop with his early arrival you said "Babe, you gave me the best present in the whole world, our son"


23. I love that you still plug your nose when we drive through Dover.

24. I love how you check on Preston everynight before you go to bed, just to get a final look at him.
25. I love how close you are with you family.

26. I love how everyone you meet thinks you are so funny.

27. I love how often you tell Preston and I that you love us.

28. I love the awesome college memories we share. And how we cant wait for our children to share in them as well (Future Bobcats).

29. I love you for giving me two beautiful sons, and a best friend to share the rest of my life with....




xoxo
Me

5 comments:

Anna said...

So sweet Jamie...too bad Parker didn't wait but of course more days of enjoying him are great too!

Karen said...

Jamie - This was awesome and I got teary eyed at the end. What a nice tribute!

Staci said...

That was so sweet! Happy late birthday Ryan!

Brandi said...

Wow! How sweet. You made me tear up! Miss ya both!

Cookie said...

I am crying and loving every word of what I just read! You two are amazing!