Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Preston's Birthday

I know its a month late but I wanted to get pictures posted of Preston's birthday. Friday was July 4th and we took Preston out to the park for the frog jumping contest. This is something that happens every year on the 4th and Ryan has been doing it since he was Preston's age.
Ryan and Preston look in the creek across the street for the frog.
Ryan and Preston in the ring waiting to start.
As you can tell Preston did not want to touch the frog. His frog did great though, he won the first heat but lost in the finals (although that was much disputed by the crowd that witnessed).
After the race we headed over to the rides. Preston loves the train.
That night was the parade. I love this picture of all the kids. The kids in tie-dye are triplets and their mom who is standing was playing Simon Says with all of the kids. I'm sure lots of games are played to keep those three entertained.
My college roommate Trisha came to visit. It was so great to spend time with her. Preston still asks every once in a while. "A Trisha go?"
Preston and Taylor watching the parade. Look how excited the kids are. Oh and Preston with one of probably six suckers he ate during the parade. Of course with parades comes candy and Preston was in heaven.
Saturday was the day of Preston's party. I let him lick the spoon after I made his cupcakes. The birthday boy at the party in his cute chair Mamaw and Papaw Klingler got him.
Opening his presents. Look at all his loot.
He loved his Elmo "CD Player"
But his favorite was his Home Depot blower. He played with this all afternoon and pretty much every day since.
The cupcakes I made for the party (With Trisha's help, she did the baseballs). Aren't they cute?
Preston and Daddy arm wrestling after the party. Preston won as you can tell.
Preston had a great birthday weekend with family and friends!




2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, how fun! Adorable cupcakes.

Jessica said...

Great pictures! I love those cupcakes! Great job, momma!