Thursday, July 31, 2008
Daddy's Little Helper
Preston loves to help. Anything Ryan or I are doing he says "I help" and will follow us around imitating our every move. Last night Ryan had to mow the lawn. Usually Preston will sit on the stoop and watch as he was a little afraid of the mower at first. Last night as we are sitting out there he says. "I help Daddy mow" So I went and got his mower and out he went. He mowed following Ryan for at least an hour. He imitated Ryan's every move, pulling weeds, moving things out of the way, mowing around the swing-set. He had a big grin on his face the whole time as he was so proud of himself. He'd yell every once in a while to let me know what he was doing "I help mow", "Wait a me Daddy", "Whew, need a drink", "I done mowing". It was so cute and Ryan loved having a little shadow "helping" him with the yard work. Now if his mower only worked.
You can't work with your shirt on. Although half way through I saw him looking at Ryan, who had his on, and Preston came over and told me he needed his shirt on like Daddy. The kid pays attention to every detail.


He watches Ryan fill up with gas and as soon as Ryan got the mower out he said "Need gas". Half way through the mow I saw Preston heading to the garage and when I asked him where he was going he said "I need gas", I quickly got him the watering can and he filled up 2 or 3 times throughout the mow.
Look how proud he is of himself

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is so hilarious....like father like son..
So cute!! They really do pick up on every little thing we do!! I love seeing his little smirk about how proud he was of himself, so handsome!
SO CUTE!!!! I just love those pictures!
That's too cute....does he want to come do our yard next? Michael just likes to watch.
SOOOO cute!
Post a Comment