Wow, the December Daily took a lot out of me as evidenced by the lack of posts since completing. Just wanted to get some stuff down as to what we are doing here and what the boys are up to.
-It's been snowing and snowing here. We have got about 18 inches already and are supposed to get another 6-10 tonight. It is beautiful and must say I like it much more than I did when I was commuting in it, but seriously enough is enough.
-Preston was supposed to have his Valentines Day party last week but school was cancelled both days last week and it looks like it will be cancelled again tomorrow. He made a firetruck for his Valentines box, I will post when they finally do have their party.
-Parker had his first trip to the hospital. The week before last he got a pretty bad cough so I took him to the dr. and she sent him over for some x-rays to check for pneumonia. This was not a fun experience at all. They had to completely restrain him and he fought the nurses really hard, they both commented on how strong he was. It was hard to watch but I knew he wasn't being hurt so that made it a little easier. All test results came back ok so we were very happy about that.
-Preston has cut out his nap in the afternoon which has made the evenings interesting, but it has been nice to have him in bed a lot earlier and he is out as soon as his head hits the pillow.
-Yesterday Parker was throwing himself quite a little tantrum since I wouldn't let him climb in the shower with his dad, in his church clothes, so I put him in his crib shut the door and walked out. About two mins later I was putting my jewelry on and here comes Parker walking down the hallway. Yep, he climbed out of his crib. Hoping its a one time thing but I couldn't sleep last night as I just kept picturing me opening my eyes and seeing Parker standing right by my bed.
-Ryan has started working tax season hours which has been hard on all of us. The boys miss their dad and I definitely miss his help in the evenings and I know he misses being here as well. Only about 60 days left......not so bad right???
-Preston can write his name now and is still into reading us books. His new favorite to read is If You Take the Mouse to the Movies. Parker is still not talking much which is strange as Preston was quite the talker. He does say dada, mama, dis (this), uh oh, and that's about it, however, he does manage to get his point across and he lets it be known EXACTLY what he wants!
I think that's it for the Riegers for now. I will post pics from Preston's Valentines party as soon as it happens. At this rate its looking like maybe April?
No comments:
Post a Comment