Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Crazy Weekend...........

Wow, can't believe we survived the weekend. Of course with my family everything is an adventure.

Friday Preston, my mom, and I headed out of town for my cousins baby shower. I have not seen my grandma since Christmas and she has not seen Preston so it was so great to see her and visit. Friday night my mom, aunts, grandma, cousin and I all made food for the shower. Saturday morning we got up and grandma gave Preston a bath in the sink, he loved it and went crazy.....needless to say we ALL got wet.

The shower turned out great. Ashley's family had it decorated so cute and she got so much great stuff. Can't believe they have twin boys on the way. I think its so amazing, how fun will that be! Here are some pictures of my cousins kids at the shower. So sweet......


After the shower my mom, Preston, and I headed home. About half way home we noticed black smoke pouring out of my exhaust and my car shut down. It was 9 at night and we were all stuck in the middle of nowwhere. Ryan came to pick us up and we called AAA and got a tow truck. Luckily Preston slept through the whole thing and my mom and I sat in the car and waited over an hour for Ryan to get us. Needless to say we didn't get home until after midnight (which was actually 1 due to the time change). So glad Preston was such a good boy through it all.

Sunday was Prestons dedication at church. It was so great to have 20 of our friends and family join us in the celebration and witness such a special day for our little boy. We have been blessed with such a wonderful little gift and I was overcome with the posssibilites of his life. God has so much in store for our little man and I can't wait to witness it all from the front row!


After the service we had our friends and family back to the house for lunch. It was such a great day spending time with everyone and enjoying Preston. We took Preston and Sophia down in the basement and let them ride the roller coaster and ride in the wagon. I think its going to be a fun summer with these two!

So all and all it was a busy weekend but I didn't mind any of it. Everyday with Preston is such a blessing and so much fun! He is the love of my life and he brings such joy to not only Ryan and I but all of our family as well. I love you Preston James, my life began when you entered this world, and my purose was revealed!

1 comment:

Amy said...

What a sweet post, Jamie.
So glad that you, your mom and Preston made it home safe and sound on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
I loved all of your pics! You have a beautiful, blessed family :)