Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Riegers - April/May

Long time no post. Once again here I go with an update. I have been so inspired by the other blogs I read and some ideas I have for a future business that I am going to try to update here more and more. So here is a look at our April/May

Parker Climbing:
Parker is quite the climber and so much more into things then his brother ever was. I have to constantly try to keep ahead of him as he is always on the move and always into something. I found him climbing here a few weeks ago. As you can see he decided to bypass the gate.

Preston's School Program:
Preston had his end of the year program at preschool. They sang their songs and then had root beer floats, desserts, and games for the kids in the basement. Preston sang his little heart out, he is quite the entertainer.



Jamie's Toe:
Two Friday's ago Ryan was home for lunch and we were watch the boys "play" on their little PB chairs. Preston flipped is over and climbed on top so of course Parker had to try and of course being the monkey that he is (see pic above) climbed up like his brother. He was so close to the entertainment center so I ran to save him and stubbed my toe on the coffee table. I saved Parker and then fell to the floor as I could hear the crunch of my little toe when I hit it. I took off my slipper and this is what I saw.


I snapped it right out of place. Ryan considered popping it back in but then felt faint so he took me to the ER. After some x-rays and a shot in the toe to numb it (woozers, would rather have 15 epiderals then that one little shot) I heard a pop and it was back to normal. They gave me a boot and we were on our way. Actually didn't even hurt too bad after that. All in a days work home with the kids. Too bad they don't have worker's comp for mothers!

Flat Stanely:
My cousin Brittney is a 3rd grade teacher in Chicago and one of her classmates sent us a flat stanley to take pictures with of our hometown to send back to him. Preston had a lot of fun taking pictures with him, Parker even ripped his arm off so we had to re-attach with a Buzz Lightyear bandage. Here are some pics of his adventures with us.







So thats about it for now. I'll be back tommorow with just some pictures of the boys from the last couple of months and an update on each of them.

4 comments:

MerrittTimes said...

OMG your toe!!! I would have passed out.

Miranda Hupp said...

Wow....your toe looked very painful! It is pretty impressive the things we go through being a mother, huh?!

We had a Flat Stanley a couple of years ago. It was a lot of fun. The kids have been asking to do it again. Maybe soon.

I always enjoy reading updates on your family. Its such a nice way to stay in touch!!

Karen said...

Couldn't deal with the toe either! Can't wait to hear about your future business possibility.

Jessica said...

Oh your toe!! I think that's a common injury of mommies. My mom broke her little toe chasing one of my brothers (when we were little, not recently, lol) and I went through a season of repeatedly kicking - not on purpose - my couch and random furniture until my pinkie toe swelled up and turned purple. Never had the angle of yours though.

And I see you have a climber. I started out with one. My fingers are crossed for the next kiddo(s) to be a little less adventurous.